How to Unlock Blackberry Curve 8500, 8520, 8530
Note: If you get a "Code Error" message when entering the code, don't attempt to re enter the code,
1: Double check the IMEI and/or PRD/MEP numbers you submitted are 100% correct.
2: Check there are sufficient unlock attempts left, if (0 Left) is displayed the phone is hard locked and can't be unlocked by code.
3: Double check you entered the code correctly.
- Insert any SIM card.
- Go to "Manage Connections" - Turn off all connections.
- Go to Options/Settings menu. - Select "Advanced Options/Settings" -> Select "SIM card".
- Holding the SHIFT key, type MEPD (nothing will show when typing).
- You will now be in the personalization screen showing the 5 locks.
- Type MEP2, hold the ALT key for the number 2 (nothing will show when typing).
- You will then be prompted to enter a Network MEP code.
- Enter the Unlock code you recieved then press enter/trackpad to accept.
- You will then see the message "Code accepted".
- Restart the phone by pulling out the battery and re-inserting.
- Go to "Manage Connections" and restore connections.
- That's it you have now successfully unlocked your phone.
If you face any problems with any of the steps above please see the trouble shooting section on the Faq's Page.